Sixtus Lodge Outdoor Education Centre is set in
adventuresome terrain covering a 6.5 hectare area. The Lodge is one kilometre from the entrance to the Ruahine Forest Park.
There is lots to see and do!!
- Limestone Caves - glow worms
- The Margot Forde Arboretum with a labelled Nature Trail
- Cone Creek, Coal Creek - stream studies
- Ngahere A Tane, eight station bush study
- Various bush walks and tramps around the Lodge/Forest Park
- Walk to Heritage Lodge
- The Iron Gate Gorge at the Oroua River
- Hills and Terraces
- Native Birds, Flora and Fauna
- Problem Solving Confidence Course
- Streams and Rivers